- Ilse Aben
- Richard Hartman
- Hendy Kristyanto
- Tonnie van Grinsven
- Ihsan Yahya
- Suitable sports kit with indoor sports shoes (non-marking soles). There are changing rooms at the sports hall for you to get changed and shower.
- If you have one - a badminton racket. If you don’t have one, that’s ok! We will lend you one for your trial session. (Members are expected to have their own badminton racket.)
- A bottle of water. It’s a thirsty sport! Vending machines with bottles drinks are also available at the sports hall.
We will strictly follow the government guidance on how to safely implement badminton in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. We will take as many practical precautions as is practically possible to ensure it is safe to play badminton.
However, participants must be aware that we cannot entirely guarantee their health and safety as it is a very physically demanding and active sport conducted in an indoor sportshall.
- The GBA badminton season starts in September of each year with the season ending in June the following year.
- The sessions are organised differently between Wednesday and Sunday. More detail information about how the sessions are provided below:
- 16.30 -17.30 Free 1hr coaching is provided
- 16.30 -17.00 Free play warm up games
- 17.00 - 18.00 Card deck based random matched games - this ensures we get varied games between all club members
- 18.00 - 19.30 Free play - Members are free to choose and arrange games as they please.
Wednesday's is entirely free play and courts are shared with a friendly straight club - SGA badminton . That means players are entirely free to choose and arrange games as they please and we are welcome to play with members of the SGA badminton club.