How to join GBA
Members and by invitation only
Due to the covid-19 restrictions, sadly GBA is not currently inviting new members, visitors or guests. We look forward to a time when we can once again invite all those interested to join us. Please keep visiting our website to be kept up-to-date or you can sign up to our membership waiting list.
What to bring
- Suitable sports kit with indoor sports shoes (non-marking soles). There are changing rooms at the sports hall for you to get changed and shower.
- If you have one - a badminton racket. If you don’t have one, that’s ok! We will lend you one for your trial session. (Members are expected to have their own badminton rackets)
- A bottle of water. It’s a thirsty sport! Vending machines with bottles drinks are also available at the sports hall.
Covid Regulations to observe
- Stay home if you are experiencing any corona symptoms (and get yourself tested)!
- Enter the hall no earlier than 10 minutes before our playing time (Wednesday 19.00 and Sunday 16.30)
- Upon arrival, check in by writing down your name and arrival time on the sign-in sheet. Check out by writing down your departure time.
- While playing (on the court) you do not have to observe 1.5 meters distance if this is not possible.
- After playing or while waiting/resting you do have to observe 1.5 meters distance.
- In other words, always observe 1.5 meters distance while not on the court.
- Wash/disinfect your hands before and after each match. Disinfectants are available.
- Raising your voice/shouting is not allowed (even when scoring a point or winning a match). Do not give handshakes or high-5s.
- The dressing rooms are open, but it is better to change and shower at home to avoid a crowd in the dressing room.
- In general: always apply common sense.
Become a member
And if you’d like to become a member, please fill out the membership registration form and submit it to a GBA organiser. Payment of the €150 membership fee is arranged in person. Discounts are available depending on the time of year you join.
This includes all these member benefits:
- Sunday badminton court use (2.5hrs)
- Wednesday badminton court use (4hrs)
- Free beginners coaching
- Invites to GBA social events
- Newsletter updates every 2 months
- Members email notifications
- Whatsapp social community group chat
- Tournament participation as a member of Team GBA
- Equivelant to €1,66 per session
We welcome guests to play with the club with a €10 per session fee. Just attend a session and pay at the sportshall.
- Access to individual sessions
- Free Beginners Coaching
- No annual membership required
- No members benefits included
To register - download and fill in the membership form and present it to one of our organisers at one of our sessions. We’ll arrange membership fee payment then.