GBA King's Tournament 2020
In spring 2020, Gay Badminton Amsterdam (GBA) will be departing from its usual biennial Easter tournament and invites you instead to the Netherlands’ biggest celebration: King’s Day!
The tournament will take place on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 April 2020 and features both singles and gender-neutral doubles competitions.
King’s Day on Monday 27 April provides an outstanding setting and memorable conclusion to our tournament for an experience you won’t forget!
Registration closes Sunday 23rd February 2020
24th - 27th April 2020
King’s Day (Koningsdag) marks the celebration of King Willem-Alexander’s birthday. It’s a national holiday where the entire country celebrates all day (and all weekend!), with street parties, boat parties, traditional gatherings, endless flea markets and everyone wearing orange of course! It’s the party of the year with uniquely Dutch flair.
Visit iamsterdam.com's website for a comprehensive guide to King's day
Tournament registration (closes Sunday 23rd February 2020)
What's included in registration?
- 🏸Singles and/or
doubles tournament registration.
One registration per person.
- 🛍️Welcome pack
- 🍎Lunch ticket for the day/s you will be competing on.
- 🏅Drinks & awards ceremony ticket
- 🥳King's Day street party walking tour participation
- 👕Discounts on the official tournament t-shirt
Is your category sold out? Sign up to the waiting list
Terms & Conditions
- A and B+ category competitors play with feather shuttles.
- B- category competitors play with plastic shuttles. B- competitors are permitted to compete using their own feather shuttles, provided both competing sides agree.
- C+ and C- category competitors play with plastic shuttles.
Open to all genders
Doubles participants will compete together in a gender-neutral tournament.
The GBA tournament committee will, if necessary, combine categories together depending on the availability of competitors. For example if there are not enough participants in C-, we may combine them with players in the C+ category. At present, we have enough competitors to keep all categories: A, B+, B-, C+ and C-.
- Full-refunds available up to 24 January 2020. Full refunds will be subject to a €5 administration fee.
- Half-refunds available up to 24 March 2020.
- No refunds possible after 24 March 2020.
See full terms and conditions (PDF)
Hosted accommodation (closed)
Our hosted accommodation assistance is now closed. We've managed to accomodate a lot of guests and we're now out of available hosts. We'll make hosted accommodation available again if we can get more hosts.