GBA King's Tournament 2020
In spring 2020, Gay Badminton Amsterdam (GBA) will be departing from its usual biennial Easter tournament and invites you instead to the Netherlands’ biggest celebration: King’s Day!
King’s Day on Monday 27 April provides an outstanding setting and memorable conclusion to our tournament for an experience you won’t forget!
Registration is now open!
Evening from 8pm
Tournament welcome & check-in
(online check-in available)
Doubles / Mixed doubles tournament
Drinks & awards ceremony
GBA King's Day street party walking tour
(GBA King's Day celebrations conclude Monday 6pm)
Singles and doubles tournament
- De Pijp Sports Hall
- Venues for all events will be centrally located and will be confirmed at a later date.
King’s Day (Koningsdag) marks the celebration of King Willem-Alexander’s birthday. It’s a national holiday where the entire country celebrates all day (and all weekend!), with street parties, boat parties, traditional gatherings, endless flea markets and everyone wearing orange of course! It’s the party of the year with uniquely Dutch flair.
Visit iamsterdam.com's website for a comprehensive guide to King's day
What's included in registration?
- 🏸Singles and/or doubles/mixed doubles tournament registration
- 🛍️Welcome pack
- 🍎Lunch ticket for the day/s you will be competing on.
- 🏅Drinks & awards ceremony ticket
- 🥳King's Day street party walking tour participation
- 👕Discounts on the official tournament t-shirt
Is your category sold out? Sign up to the waiting list
Terms & Conditions
- A and B+ category competitors play with feather shuttles.
- B- category competitors play with plastic shuttles. B- competitors are permitted to compete using their own feather shuttles, provided both competing sides agree.
- C+ and C- category competitors play with plastic shuttles.
Open to all genders & Mixed doubles category
Separate men's and women's divisions will be offered if enough teams register for both. Otherwise, everyone will compete together in a gender-neutral tournament. This will be made known three months before the tournament starts. Refunds may apply; see full terms and conditions (PDF).
The GBA tournament committee will, if necessary, combine categories together depending on the availability of competitors. For example if there are not enough participants in C-, we may combine them with players in the C+ category.
- Full-refunds available up to 24 January 2020. Full refunds will be subject to a €5 administration fee.
- Half-refunds available up to 24 March 2020.
- No refunds possible after 24 March 2020.
See full terms and conditions (PDF)
Whilst we do our best to accommodate guests, hosted accommodation is not guaranteed. It relies on GBA members to offer their spare rooms/sofas etc. to participants. This is provided on a first come first served basis. We will notify you if we can accommodate you within 2 weeks of your registration.