Gay Badminton Amsterdam (GBA) is a competitive and social badminton club for Amsterdam's LGBTQI+ community and their friends. We accept all levels of players and play Sundays & Wednesdays in the Pijp. Come try GBA for free on your first visit!
When & Where
GBA's badminton season runs between Sept to June the following year with this season commencing Sunday 25th August 2019.
16.30 - 19.00
- All levels welcome
- Play over 9 courts
- Coaching provided
- A mix of free play and friendly matched games with GBA members.
19.00 - 23.00
- C+ minimum level
- Play over 3 courts
- A mix of free play and friendly matched games with a sister club.
GBA is free to try on your first visit!
This includes all these member benefits:
- Sunday badminton court use (2.5hrs)
- Wednesday badminton court use (4hrs)
- Free beginners coaching
- Invites to GBA social events
- Newsletter updates every 2 months
- Members email notifications
- Whatsapp social community group chat
- Tournament participation as a member of Team GBA
- Equivelant to €1,66 per session
We welcome guests to play with the club with a €10 per session fee. Just attend a session and pay at the sportshall.
- Access to individual sessions
- Free Beginners Coaching
- No annual membership required
- No members benefits included
"I joined GBA a year ago and it felt great to play with these guys & have serious matches too. I joined them for the Copenhagen tournament where we won some & lost some but mostly we enjoyed good games and socialising." — M.B.
"You can be yourself, scream your heart out, people are supportive and welcoming at any level. It is really really great!" — H.K.
"I've always enjoyed badminton so GBA was a great way to combine my hobby with socialising. And I get some exercise in the process!" — M.Y.
"It feels good, there's a great atmosphere and it's competitive." — W.D.